NHS Choices Health Information
Medicine Sick Day Rules
When You Should Stop Taking Your Medication?
When you are unwell with any of the following:
- Vomiting or diarrhoea (unless only minor)
- Fevers, sweats shaking
Then STOP taking the medicines listed here. Restart when you are well (after 24-48 hours of eating and drinking normally). If you are in any doubt, please contact us or your pharmacist.
- ACE Inhibitors: Medicine names ending in 'pril' e.g. lisinopril, perindopril, ramipril
- ARBs: Medicine names ending in 'sartan' e.g. losartan, candesartan, valsartan
- NSAIDs: Anti-inflammatory pain killers e.g. ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen
- Diuretics: Sometimes called 'water pills' egg furosemide, spironolactone, indapamide, bendroflumethiazide
- Metformin: A medicine for diabetes
Pan – Sussex Children and Young People and Family Eating Disorder Service launched
They will accept referrals for children and young people age 10 – 18 years old who are resident in Sussex and are registered with a GP in Sussex.
The service will offer comprehensive assessment, treatment and managed discharge for the following
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder including binge eating disorder
The service will operate 7 days a week and you can self-refer by calling 01444 472670 or 07391 010452 (Out of office hours).
Youth Emotional Support (YES)
The YES service offers a voluntary service for young people aged 11-18 years that helps them to identify, acknowledge and work through difficulties they may be facing that are having a negative impact on their emotional wellbeing.
The YES service is aimed at young people aged 11 - 18 years who are finding the challenges of adolescence too much to manage and are presenting behaviours such as:
- Self harming
- Low Mood
- Difficult relationships at home and with friends
- Anger issues
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Feeling life is not worth living
- Disengagement from participation and education
- Difficulty with eating and weight
- Concerns regarding Sexual Exploitation
For further information go to www.yourspacewestsussex.co.uk/YES.
Information for Older Drivers
Sussex Safer Roads - information for Older Drivers
Horsham Children & Family Centre
Horsham Hub Facebook Poster